Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Importing Thunderbird mails in Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express

It might sound strange, but sometime it is necessary to migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook.

Robert Ploschek explains in his blog how this can be done:

Robert Peloschek aka Unic0der: Importing Mozilla Thunderbird mails in Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express

This actually works, but is somewhat cumbersome.

I guess if one has access to an imap server, it is easier to move everything onto the imap account and pull it over to outlook from there.

3 comments:

Alexis said...

If you have problems with Outlook files,then advise try-outlook cannot view e-mails,application is free as far as I know,it can help to extract all files with *.eml, *.vcf and *.txt extensions from *.ost file, when you cannot access your mail account, stored on Microsoft Exchange Server,will quickly scan all hard drives and find it. If current user has only one profile and its data is stored in a *.pst file, the path will be automatically displayed in the dialog box,can convert the data to a file with *.pst extension, that can be opened with any mail client, when cannot view Outlook emails.

Alex said...

Once day I imported mails from OE to Thunderbird and my mails become damaged.In that case I used-outlook express dbx corrupt.It is free as far as I know,software helped me quite good.In addition tool can both fixing Outlook Express corrupted dbx files and Outlook Express dbx corrupt.

Alexis said...

For work with outlook files advise to use-fix outlook pst.Because tool helped me many times and it is free as far as I know.Moreover program can convert the data into a file with PST extension and recover Outlook 2003 pst file.